Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Training
The Workforce Commission Civil Rights Division offers a variety of comprehensive,
interactive training programs.
What Are Our Trainings?
They provide supervisors and managers practical understanding of the impact of EEO
law on employment decisions in complying with the law.
Our training programs cover the following legal issues:
- EEO law
- Personnel transactions covered under EEO law
- Steps of the investigative process
- Employer defenses
- Complaint processing
- Discrimination against persons with disabilities
- Criteria to measure compliance with EEO law
- Guidelines for hiring, evaluations, disciplinary action, terminations and layoffs
- Recent court decisions
- Sexual harassment
Benefits to the Employer
- Reduces the number of complaints which reduces costs
- An understanding of how EEO law works
- An understanding of how to respond to EEO complaints
- Clarification of employer's and employee's responsibilities
- Improvement in management decision making
Where Are Our Trainings?
We provide the training at requestors site at a minimum cost. The length
of the training varies from four to eight hours depending on the training program
to be delivered.
For Information and Scheduling
Texas Workforce Commission
Civil Rights Division
1117 Trinity Street, Rm. 144-T
Austin, Texas 78701
September 30, 2011