The mission of the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is to promote and support an effective workforce system that offers employers, individuals and communities the opportunity to achieve and sustain economic prosperity. In accordance with with 1 Texas Administrative Code § 206.53 and 1 Texas Administrative Code § 206.54, this document outlines the policies for linking to and from the Texas Workforce Commission's web domains.
Links to the Texas Workforce Commission
You do not need to get advance permission to link to the Texas Workforce Commission's web domains. You may also link to any of our subpages; however, TWC pages may change at any time without notice. Entities and individuals linking to the TWC web domains are responsible for continuously verifying links to our domains from other web sites. To link to our home page, use the following url: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/.
Entities and individuals linking to TWC web domains shall not capture TWC pages within frames, present TWC content as their own, or otherwise misrepresent TWC content or misinform users about the origin or ownership of TWC content. Any link to the TWC web domains should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to the Texas Workforce Commission's web domains unencumbered. The Back button should return the user to the original site. Entities and individuals may not link to individual graphics or tables within our pages, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on our servers. Such an action may be considered a misuse of state resources. TWC asserts its copyright on all content created by TWC and reserves all other rights under relevant copyright statutes.
Links from the Texas Workforce Commission
The fundamental purpose of the TWC web domains is to provide the public with information about the Texas Workforce Commission and the services it provides. At its discretion, TWC may link to web sites that contain information and/or services related to the purpose and mission of the Texas Workforce Commission.
The inclusion of a link on the TWC web domains to an external web site is not intended as an endorsement of any product or service offered or referenced on the linked web site, the organizations sponsoring the web site, or any views expressed in the web site. Links are provided for informational purposes only. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy, completeness, currency and/or suitability of all information presented on linked web sites.
TWC will use the following criteria when considering requests to link from the TWC web site to an external web site:
- The site provides credible, accurate and current information which relates to the mission of the Texas Workforce Commission.
- The site does not contain any material that could be regarded as hateful, discriminatory, pornographic, libelous, defamatory or offensive.
- The site does not belong to or support a political affiliation, or seek to further the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office.
- The site makes reasonable accommodations for users with disabilities.
- Users must be able to easily return to the Texas Workforce Commission's web domains from the linked site, i.e., the browser's "Back" button returns the user to the TWC's web domains.
- The linked site must provide contact information or a link to contact information.
TWC reserves the right to deny or remove links, especially if it determines that a web site does not meet all of the criteria set forth above.
TWC will regularly review links from its web domains. Links may be removed or replaced at any time without notice. We will remove a link if:
- The information on the site is inaccurate or not trustworthy
- Access to the linked information has become difficult due to non-standard formatting, lengthy download times or intrusive advertising
- The link is unreachable or unavailable for a lengthy period
- Links to the site excessively burden TWC systems or personnel
- The link violates the criteria set forth in this Link Policy.
To request a link, please e-mail TWC at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Proposed URL and desired TWC web page placement;
- Short summary of the site (25 words or less);
- Name and contact information; and
- Identify whether your organization is a private or public entity. If it is a public entity, please indicate the primary state or federal agency(ies) with which your office is affiliated.