The purpose of Status investigations is to identify employers liable for unemployment insurance
coverage and to assist them in their efforts in complying with the TUCA and the written policies
of the Commission. This is the initial process in the tax operation.
The major tasks within the function are:
- Identify potential employers subject to the TUCA.
- Determine employer Status (e.g., new, successor, non-liable).
- Establish accounts using Employer Tax System screens.
- Notify employers of their liability and initial rate.
- Reopen/inactivate/terminate employer accounts.
- Determine the application of Section 204.083 (Rate Transfer).
- Record account acquisitions.
- Correct or change liability.
- To obtain all relevant forms and reports.